Employers

Apprenticeships

TRP Ltd offer a range of Apprenticeship programmes. We can help you find a suitable person or train your existing workforce. We also support you through the maze of funding and paperwork, keeping things focussed on your business.

How much will it cost You?

You can get help from the Government to pay for Apprenticeship training and assessment. The amount you get depends on whether you’re required to pay into the Apprenticeship Levy or not. You will pay the Apprenticeship Levy if you’re an employer with a pay bill more than £3 million each year.

If you don't need to pay the apprenticeship levy

As an employer who doesn’t pay the Apprenticeship Levy, you will need to pay the training provider directly for training your Apprentices.
You pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessing your Apprentice. The Government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum. They’ll pay the funds directly to the training provider.

Additional payments from the government

Extra support for small employers

Employers with fewer than 50 people working for them will not have to pay the 5% contribution for an Apprentice who is aged between:

  • 16-18 years old.
  • A 19-24 years old who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care plan provided by their local authority.

The Government will pay 100% of the training costs for these individuals, up to the funding band maximum.

Training younger apprentices

All employers will receive £1,000 if, at the start of the Apprenticeship, the Apprentice is aged between:
  • 16-18 years old
  • 19-24 years old and who has previously been in care or who has an Education, Health and Care plan provided by their local authority.
This payment will be made to the employer in two equal instalments via the training provider.

Our Partners